[PD] Test Audio: just trying to hear anything

Javier García tirengarfio at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 01:06:11 CEST 2007

Andy Farnell wrote:

>Make sure that the sample rate of your audio system (software)
>is set to that of Pd (usually 44100 or 48000) and that it is
>talking to the soundcard. If other audio apps are working then this
>is probably ok.

I have change the sample rate from 44100 to 48000 but nothing happens.

>Try connecting the output of Pd to the input of another audio app
>that gives you some visual indication of a signal, like a VU bar.
>If that lights up you have debugged, insofar as you know Pd is
>creating a signal.

I need more informatio about this. I dont have any idea about "connecting
the output of Pd to the input of another audio app that gives you some
visual indication of a signal"

One thing more: when i open Pd, i push over the "compute audio" button (it
becomes purple color). I open "Media" and i find "default-MIDI" in purple.

If i select "ALSA-MIDI" the console shows this:

"ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such
file or directory
Pd: system call timed out"

I have supposed ALSA it not installed so I have write this:

sudo apt-get install alsa

and it says this (between other things):

"This is the most recent release of alsa-base."