[PD] GEM: animations

Cypod cypod25 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:40:20 CEST 2007

Roman is right, just parenting down the chain, with small sphere (proxy
geometry) to change the pivot control, from the center to one end.

where separators come into play is to branch off arms and legs from the main
body. The body's transform will still control the arm, but sibling
hierarchies wont affect each other. That way you can move the body of the
character and the arms don't fall off, but if you rotate the left shoulder
it wont affect the right shoulder or legs.

Thats how I created the dancing man patch, from a wow (World of War-craft)
character that my friend build. Its still somewhat crude, but fun to be able
to control characters in real-time during your performance.

--
B~
www.cypod.co.nr