[PD] ODE external ?

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:56:09 CEST 2007

> That would be more straightforward (and fast) to simply send the whole
> transformation matrix :
>
> shapes cubes foo 0.234 1.000 ...

Yes, as Frank has said, I am using OSC this way.  Vectors are sent as
three arguments in a message.  Actually I recently had a discussion
about this... one opinion was that it should support both 3-argument
vectors as well as the /x /y /z messages, so that it can be easily
mapped to particular variables...  Of course, in that case you'll also
want to support /magnitude and /phi, etc....  ;-)  Many many options
here.  And that's not even counting how to support units.

Anyways, yes I'll be talking about this at NIME.  Should be fun.  ;-)
Also hopefully I'll also present it or have a poster at the Pd convention.

In fact I didn't want to mention it on the list because there are
still quite a few bugs in the software, and I wanted to wait until the
convention to discuss it, but since it pertained directly to your
question....

Steve