[PD] FTGL

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 19 14:51:59 CEST 2007

timon wrote:
> Hi, I posted a question last week on why [textextruded] wasnt working. I
> got the answer, GEM must be compiled with FTGL.
> So why was it changed in the first place? It seemed to be running fine
> (or sort of) and now it aint working at all. And sadly I dont know how
> to compile GEM with FTGL.

please note that [textextruded] was only introduced into Gem because of
FTGL (the old fontrendering library used was GLTT which had no such
thing as extruded text).

so the answer is: in order to have [textextruded] working, you must
compile Gem with FTGL; there have never been another way to get extruded
text.

> Whats the reason for this grand change? Any future benefits? Will it
> support a full UTF-8 character map?

like chris has said, there has not been a grand change regarding fonts
for years.
and yes, the text-objects in current CVS support full Unicode (well not
full: only the first 65000 or so) characters.

mfga-sdr
IOhannes