[PD] webcam recommendations which work in Linux

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 03:15:52 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of discussion recently on the list regarding which webcam to
use but none of the recommendations seem feasible. They are either
discontinued hard-to-find products or they simply don't work. For this
reason, I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation which webcam to get
for Linux if I want a balance between fps, resolution, and stability. I also
read about IP cameras but am not sure if these can be interfaces with gem.

Any help is most appreciated!

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology, CCTAD, CHCI
Virginia Tech
Dept. of Music - 0240
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-1137