[PD] GEM Windows long term

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 20 21:25:47 CEST 2007

Have you tried some other GPU program for a while?  That could help
determine whether it's drivers/OS or Gem related.  In my experiences
with Windows, I generally find it worthwhile to have an automatic
nightly reboot.  Is there anything in the Event Log?

.hc

On Apr 20, 2007, at 11:47 AM, chris clepper wrote:

> Has anyone done a long term (90 days or more) installation using
> GEM and Windows (XP)?  I can't get a machine to not freeze every
> two weeks or less.  The freeze is basically the GPU stops rendering
> and Pd stops responding but other apps and the OS work.  This
> affects both ATI and NV GPUS.  Even destroying and creating the
> context every day or even rebooting periodically does not prevent
> freezing at random times.  I can only guess at the cause because
> there is no log like a crash or kernel panic would give.
>
> Please refrain from the 'use Linux' rhetoric as that will not fix
> the problem on Windows.
>
> Thanks

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler