[PD] webcam recommendations which work in Linux

Olivier Heinry olivier.heinry at manga-burgah.net
Sat Apr 21 16:53:55 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I have two Logitech Quickcam IM working fine @25fps in 640x480 connected
at the same time with Gem on Debian, driver is called spca5xx  from
http://mxhaard.free.fr , loaded as a module thanks to the
module-assistant.

About IP cameras:
the Axis PTZ 214 has a built-in linux server streaming out both in RTSP
& http, Photo-jpeg or MPEG4 streams. Lots of docs available. I havent
streamed into PD yet , but should be feasable if Gem/pdp compiled with
the needed libs.
++

O.