[PD] Test Audio: just trying to hear anything

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Apr 22 10:34:52 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Javier García hat gesagt: // Javier García wrote:

> Derek Holzer wrote:
>
> >Do other applications make sound?
> >Is the card muted by Alsamixer? Check the Alsamixer app and see.
>
> I have just intalled and open Alsamixergui but i dont hear anything, should
> I hear something??

Only if you are playing something. A mixer software is used to set
volumes of channels, but it doesn't generate any sound itself. For
generating sound, you could use the "speaker-test" program, that
normally comes with the ALSA utils package (in Debian/Ubuntu this is
the package called "alsa-utils")

Just run