[PD] high level beat detection

ronny vanden bempt ronny.vandenbempt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:21:47 CEST 2007

Hey,
We're busy with making a beat detector in Pd, but we're stuck in such a way
that we want stopped trying to implement it as a patch. We're now skinning
our matlab code to make it as fast and small as possible. After that we'll
translate it to C code (hopefully the matlab-to-C compiiler helps us a
little bit, because we're not so experienced in C programming). And then
we'll try to turn it into a Pd external. I already worked through the
external tutorial of Zmölnig, but I still have some questions:

   - How to use the the x_, a_ and t_ prefixes
   - I already understand how to compile and so on, but does anyone know
   a good C editor, free and windows (or is that a contradiction?)
   - How can we test and compile a 'block'  without the main methods or
   header files included? Or how do you have to do that?

I fear I'll also have many more questions when we really implement it.
Hopefully you guys will help us out very soon.
Ronny
look at http://idafx.blogspot.com (or Pd webring) for more information

--
Ronny Vanden Bempt