[PD] pda --no-TK ?

alejo d alejoduque at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:04:01 CEST 2007

On 4/3/07, Chris McCormick <chris at mccormick.cx> wrote:

> You might also like to take a look at gp2xPd since it builds PDa without
> the gui libraries. There's a description of how I did that in the file
> src/gp2x.readme which is available in a patched version of PDa. So
> download PDa 0.6 from Güenter's site, then apply the patch from here:
> <http://mccormick.cx/projects/gp2xPd/files/gp2x-PDa.patch> and then
> read the file src/gp2x.readme and have a look at the gp2x section in the
> makefiles. You should be able to use something very similar for gumstix.
>
> So great that you are porting to gumstix - let us know how it runs.

so following your directions chris, patching the Makefile along with
compiling using:

CC=/bin/arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc make

i ended up with the following pda port for the gumstix:

http://bekstation.bek.no/immigrante/pd_gumstix

it seems to run with the following flags:

pd -nogui -noadc -nomidi -verbose
sys_audioapi 2
Pd version 0.37.4
compiled 23:12:25 Apr 23 2007
opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
input channels = 0, output channels = 2
opened /dev/dsp for writing only

error: OSS: SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS failed /dev/dsp
opened audio output on /dev/dsp; got 0 channels

but unfortunaltely oss or alsa seem to be broken by now, when i try via alsa
i get this:

 aplay -l
card 0: UCB1400 [UCB1400], device 0: PXA2xx-PCM []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

so it looks like a sound device is up, but as far as i can tell the compiled
pda is not alsa enabled...

unfortunately the gusmtix has problems with sound right now, phps someone
has audio working fine and could give me some feedback testing the above
port (im asking in the gumstix list also). else i will continue testing
stuff and report a more detailed error log.

/a