[PD] sound with glitches

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:00:46 CEST 2007

hi

sorry if this has been asked before. I am in the middle of a workshop
and one student is having problems with the sound in PD, this is both
with the latest extended version and the latest miller build

he is running a
ppc g4 167gz on OSX 10.9

he is just playing a sine wave but the sound is dirty and periodically
distorts (ones per sec or so). We tried not to load any externals, also
increased the sound buffer, restart the machine, restart pd few times
... but keeps making the funny noise

i was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. we tried
supercollider and MAX/MSP and both work fine.

thanks!

enrike