[PD] sound with glitches

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Apr 25 15:43:03 CEST 2007

The GUI implementation under OS X isn't as streamlined as other
platforms. So quickly refreshing GUI elements (like VU meters, etc)
could be one source. For example, running another GUI-heavy app with PD
can also cause this trouble.

I tend to use JackOSX, which gives me far less trouble than direct
Portaudio. Portaudio could be one of those things (like ALSA on Linux)
which needs some cleaning up.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl