[PD] array data in abstractions

Peter Worth peterworth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 14:41:15 CEST 2007

On 4/27/07, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> What I would do is to move the array out of the abstraction into the
> parent and pass its name as abstraction argument. Example:
>
> This is in abstract.pd:
>
> [tabread $1]
>
> and in parent.pd you pass the array name into $1:
>
> [table t1]
> [abstract t1]
>
> [table t2]
> [abstract t2]
>
> [table t3]
> [abstract t3]
>
> [table t4]
> [abstract t4]

i did consider that actually, but then thought that it would make the
abstraction less of a "black box" because the parent needs to know something
about it's inner workings (that it requires an array).

its good to know that that's the only way though, so that i'm doing it
because i have to, not because there is something about pd i dont know (if
you see what i mean...)

thanks,
pete.