[PD] memory leak in pd gui?

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Sat Apr 28 21:53:19 CEST 2007

I am running Pd 0.39-2 on ubuntu Dapper. It seems as though if I leave
Pd running for more than several days, the entire computer freezes or
becomes sluggish to the point of being unusable. I can hear the disk
thrashing like crazy.

By setting up a cron job writing ps -auxw to a new time-stamped file in
a directory every 5 minutes, I can clearly see by looking at these files
that the problem is that Pd slowly but surely eats all the memory
resources of the machine. If I run the same patch with the nogui option,
the problem disappears. The thing is, I need to run this patch
indefinitely *and* I need the gui.

Am I seeing a memory leak in the gui and is this a known problem?

-John