[PD] scripting pd printouts

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 05:36:50 CEST 2007

I'm gonna try Franks method too in a moment. What I ran
up against last night was this:

I have rather a large directory of pd file to print.

A method that loads Pd anew for each patch takes a "long" time.
And I still had the problem of closing each instance. I was going
to fork, get a PID and then kill from bash or perl.

But scripting many instances of Pd too fast caused some evil
crashes (on my machine at least).

Learning a lot about this thanks to all.

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:35:34 +1000
simon wise <simonxwise at hotmail.com> wrote:

> yeh - it makes more sense to do it as a patch, I wanted to follow up
> Andy's ideas, and wanted to test that message path - perhaps he has a
> larger context where a bash script is more appropriate? but you
> probably wouldn't want to use the 'old' option in [netreceive] anyway.
>
> simon
>
> On 30 Apr 2007, at 12:08 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Hallo,
> > simon wise hat gesagt: // simon wise wrote:
> >
> >> same here - possibly the patch gets printed before it is drawn??
> >
> > Probably.
> >
> >> with the 'wait' these work for me - with printer.pd already open in
> >> pd, try:
> >>
> >> pdprint2.sh name /path/to/directory
> >
> > I now made a little abstraction for printing. It doesn't deal with
> > generating the list of files to print, this can come from a
> > [textfile], a directory listing external, netreceive or whatever.
> > Attached [print-patches] does just that: It prints patches.
> >
> > Ciao
> > --
> >  Frank Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__
> > <print-patches-help.pd>