[PD] plugin~ "bad screen distance" (again)

Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net
Mon Apr 30 16:00:15 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm struggling to get the plugin~  external working (to get LADSPA plugins in
pd). Whenever I instanciate it in pd, I get an empty box with several inputs
and outputs and an error message in the console about "bad screen distance".
It also corrupts every single other node I create after that (all of them
appear blank and output similar error messages).
I quickly searched the archive and have seen that several users have had the
same problem, and that for some, unsetting the LANG environment variable
fixed the problem, but not for everybody. Unfortunately, I belong to the
latter category. Has anybody found since another workaround ?

Btw this happens using pd 0.40.2 under Linux with plugin~ from some
pd-extended 0.40 release (I think 0.40.0 but I'm not 100% sure).

Cheers