[PD] dollar argument

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 1 08:47:19 CEST 2007

Quoting Thomas Ouellet Fredericks <tof at danslchamp.org>:

> There is also the overlooked very powerful [dollarg] from iemlib that
> converts all your arguments into a list. I even made an abstraction
> that can parse arguments by name like in Jitter. For example, [dollars
> @currency canadian @exchange_rate 1.87 @output km] could also be
> written [dollars @output km @exchange_rate 1.87 @currency canadian]
>
> Anyway, dollarg rocks.

and just to push this a bit:
some months ago i have submitted a patch to pd (in the sf
patchtracker), that introduces to new dollar-arguments: $@ and $#.
while $# is probably not so interesting (now that we have [list
length]), $@ is very similar to iemlib's [dollarg] but can do even more
(e.g. full list expansion in a message)

if a lot of people find this useful, and at least some of them go
throught the patch and find any bugs, probably it would be accepted
into vanilla pd one day.
(i think it is already in pd-extended)

fmas.dr
IOhannes