[PD] more paths in pd extended

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Fri May 4 09:33:17 CEST 2007

Hallo!

> some libraries (Gem, pdp...) use abstractions. I wonder if their paths
> should be included in the startup paths in pd extended. Or if one should

that should not be needed - normally it should, because all the
abstractions and externals of a library should be in one directory (e.g.
externals/zexy) - but Gem is still compiled as single file external, so
it can be that it doesn't work with it ...

> create objects with the "Gem" prefix (for example Gem/pix_blobtracker).
> the problem with some abstractions is, that they have also a help patch.
> and rightclick - help then opens the abstraction and not the help patch
> (if the path is included in the default paths). otoh, many helppatches
> and abstractions do not work without the paths given, because they have
> no prefix...

Which version do you use ?
In the latest autobuilds the help patches are in the same directory as
the objects itself, so it should work ! (also without including the path)

LG
Georg