[PD] flatspace externals in ext39.2

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 7 10:58:19 CEST 2007

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> simon wise wrote:
> > On 5 May 2007, at 5:14 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> >> [classpath] == [declare -stdpath]
> >> Adds a path to the global search path.
> >
> > thats great! - I wasn't aware of [classpath] -- now I can stop
> > wrangling preferences/users trying to get different paths and
> > libraries for different versions.
>
> > I hope there are plans for inclusion in the miller pd distribution
> > soon (though a least it is fairly easy to explain how to add them,
> > even to a novice user).
>
> hmm, i don't fully understand your request:
> hans just told you that [classpath] (an external) is basically the same
> as [decalre -stdpath] (which comes with pd-vanilla)

Actually I now found that [classpath] according to the help-file in
CVS/externals/hcs/classpath-help.pd does something different than
[declare -stdpath]: It's not used to *set* the path, but to *get* the
searchpath with an interface similar to [textfile]: Each bang sent to
[classpath] will make it print the next entry in the current Pd path.

So it's actually not intended for making adjustments to the path,
that's left to [declare].

Ciao