[PD] text into pix

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 10 18:16:27 CEST 2007

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> hi tim again
>
> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 17:37 +0200, Tim Boykett wrote:
>> Hi Roman,
>>
>> Okay, I had contemplated this and though that it must be possible
>> to do this easier. But No! This seems somehow like a hack,

why does it seem like a hack to you?
if you want to create an avi of your car, you have to use a video-camera.
if you want to create an avi of (vector) graphics, you have to render
them into pixel space.

i don't think that either of these is a hack; it is just how things are
done.

> hack or not, i think there is no other way, unless there are plans for
> something like a [pix_text].

definitely not.
if you don't want to do graphics but video instead, you are problably
better off with pdp....
(this is not meant as an insult on you or pdp; it is just that pdp
(apart from 3dp) is video/pixel oriented instead of graphic-oriented;
yves has done a [pdp_text])

however, "exporting" to different formats should be made simpler in Gem...

mfg.adr
IOhanens