[PD] Processing Video Data

raul diaz raul.lete at gmail.com
Thu May 10 17:28:27 CEST 2007

Hi IOhannes, Hi listers!

2007/5/10, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>:

> raul diaz wrote:
> > Hi IOhannes, Hi list!
>
> seems like you forgot the list, i added it now...

Sorry...I forgot to add list address.

> > I'm making a patch for live video data manipulation with pix_video -->
> > pix_resize --> pix_dump
> >
> >     if you have plenty of cpu left, you could go for Gem's [pix_dump],
> which
> >     dumps the entire image as a list into "pd-space". then you can do
> >     whatever you want with it (e.g. use iemmatrix to calculate what you
> >     need).
> >
> >     another solution with Gem might be to use [pix_resize] with a width
> of 1
> >     and then [pix_dump] the image "column".
> >

> > I want to use this video data to control audio synthesis parameters, but
> > first I need to management the list from pix_dump outlet.
> > What's the best way to manipulate this data?
> > I discard iemmatrix because I haven't found it compiled for windows (and
> > I have no idea about compiling externals).
> > I have tried to store this list into a table but I had no result.
> > Maybe I could use list objects to management video data.
> >

> well yes!
> once the data is in pd-space (as list) you can use whatever you want to
> manipulate it.
> i don't think there is a general "best way" to do it.
> with recent versions of pd, using [list] is definitely a good choice
> (doesn't require any externals)
> how have you tried to dump the data into a table and why did it not
> work? (in older pd's i would have used zexy's [tabset] instead of
> manually unrolling the list and writing the data with [tabwrite]; you
> canalso do this with plain pd)

Finally I have made a patch to store video data into tables (R, G and B
tables) with list and tabwrite. Sorry, but I got confused with list objetcs
(working very late at night isn't so good ;-)
Attached is the new patch.

But now I have 2 options: to work with tables (reading tables values with
tabread and manipulating this values) or to work without tables,
manipulating lists directly to extract each value I need. What's the best
option in terms of computational effectivity? (I use a lot of data which
require a lot of cpu, so I need to minimize computational cost). I will use
this video data for audio synthesis.

as for iemmatrix, isn't it part of pd-extended? i will put a binary
> online today....

I would like to take a look at iemmatrix. Please, tell me where I could find
the binary for win32.

Saludos!

--
Raul Diaz Poblete