[PD] Bidirectional Module Problem - dynamically changing delwrite?

Kim Taylor kimoni at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:10:25 CEST 2007

Hi

> if you really want a settable [delwrite~], why don't you just use
> something like
>
> [set varname2(
> |
> [receive~ varname]
> |
> [delwrite~ fixedname]

How exactly can this function as a settable delwrite~?

> no, you cannot dynamically change the [delwrite~] name, because
> [delwrite~] is the object that actually holds the delay line.

Okay I understand... How about delread~ and vd~? If delwrite~ cannot
be dynamically changed because it holds the delay line, then shouldn't
the functions that read from it be more flexible? I have tested and
they do not seem to respond to set :(

Thanks for your help