[PD] Looping samples with tabread4~ (Matteo Sisti Sette)

Matteo.sistisette matteo.sistisette at email.it
Thu May 17 20:36:31 CEST 2007

Hi,

For the curious ones, here's the code.
I've implemented the sampler mechanism I described, and it seems to work at
a first glance.
It's not even so complicated as it sounded, is it?

Sorry for the spaghetti though.

Open test_sampler.pd, it uses an abstraction called sampler which is also
included in the zip file.

Not sure this really proves it to work, but kinda seems it does.

I've created a test sample which is a zero-to-one ramp of one second length.
Then I use the sampler fed with an oscillating pitch just to try it out.

When you hit the toggle to make it "sound" (it won't sound), almost 4
seconds of output are written into the "output" table so you can check out
the result.

It seems there is no jump or imperfection at the point it switches from one
phasor to the other (that is, within the first "cycle").
There is no cross-fade: the transition is abrupt, so that if there was a
jump it would not be hidden.

Enjoy
m.

 Sponsor:
 Radio Sanbittèr: ascolta le canzoni preferite dal DJ Jean Pierre

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6550&d=20070517