[PD] [multiCurveAdsr] v.2

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Sat May 19 01:08:58 CEST 2007

Hi Roman,

It would be pretty easy to modify this to have a separate C (curve)
parameter for attack and decay/release (or even separate C's for decay
and release as well, if one were so inclined).  I considered doing this,
but didn't do it for the selfish reason that my envelope UI's are
getting pretty cluttered as it is!  Maybe I could do a thing where if
you didn't specify values for C(decay) and C(release), they'd be equal
to C(attack) by default.

The quartic(ish) curve I use for C of < 1 actually sounds pretty good
for attack, actually.  It is thinner and sharper for fast values of A,
and has a nice, natural rise for slower attacks.  I like using the
"fatter" (C > 1) envelopes for contrast; they carry a lot more energy
under the curve.  Poor old linear sounds pretty boring, but it comes in
handy as a reference.

Thanks for writing, Roman.

Phil