[PD] PD i education

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed May 30 15:33:34 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Anders Friberg hat gesagt: // Anders Friberg wrote:

> This is a quite extreme viewpoint. Translate that to language learning,
> for example a German learning English. It implies that using a
> dictionary from German to English is forbidden and the only available
> dictionary is from English to German.

That's not really what I meant: Nothing is forbidden, and a dictionary
is a helpful and useful tool. But nobody learns a language by reading
the dictionary itself. You learn the language by reading normal books,
the newspaper, going to the movies and by talking to people. If you'd
read the dictionary, you would develope a strange kind of language,
maybe using words, nobody would acutally use in the street.

Translated to Pd this would mean: You learn by reading and writing
normal patches, reading the tutorials etc. and only look up the
help-patches for reference.

Ciao