[PD] [OT] M$ invents the reacTable

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Thu May 31 00:57:26 CEST 2007

Yeah I like the way both Apple and MS are trying to claim the multitouch
thing (Microsoft coming in after Apple, as per usual)... who was behind that
one gentleman's video where he did the big multitouch demo at some
conference?  I'm being really vague here because the video was so popular...
he said he was with NYU I believe, but I wonder if a corporation was funding
that multitouch research.

Tired of hearing about "revolutionary" products, but I am a little excited
about the eventual prospect of ditching the keyboard and mouse.

cheers
Kevin

On 5/30/07, Cesare Marilungo <cesare at poeticstudios.com> wrote:

> Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> > Though I'm a big fan of Reactable, and quite not a fan of Microsoft, and
> > though I do recognize the similarities, I don't think the creators of
> > Reactable invented computer vision, nor the idea of a touch display.
> >

> I know. I know.
>
> I was just making a joke of how most people will believe they (M$)
> invented it.
>
> c.
> >

> >  --
> >  Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: http://www.email.it/f
> >
> >  Sponsor:
> >  Problemi di Liquidità? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 € in 24 ore a
> dipendenti e lavoratori autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi, clicca qui
> > *
> >  Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2911&d=30-5

> --
> http://www.cesaremarilungo.com