[PD] Pd linking to Openoffice [was: Re: pd-0.38 installation]

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 6 13:17:29 CEST 2007

 Just to grasp at straws; I did notice that when I recently istalled
OpenOffice via apt-get on my Debian box, it had several dependecies to
Jack -- since I had already removed the Debian Jack package in favour of
building my own, I had some package-dependency-annoyances to deal with.
I've no idea how or when OpenOffice might use JACK !

Could this somehow do it, since Ubutnu is Debain-derived;  if the PD had
some JACK objects , I don't pretend to understand technical details of
how linking is doen or how ldd interprets the links; at first glance it
would seem that oo->jack should not imply oo<-jack<-pd but, I could be
wrong

FYI I also built the pd on the machine myself, so I've not tried the
precompiled versions on that machine. It's just 'vanilla pd' (Miller's)
plus some specific external libraries.