[PD] Clickable gop data structure

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 07:46:36 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 23:05 -0400, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 11:45:37AM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >
> > Some other click-detections things require more manual work: The
> > [struct] object has an outlet that will send out messages if a pointer
> > of that type was selected or changed. Just connect a [print] there to
> > see what's happening. You can use this with [route ...] to trigger
> > actions when data structures are changed.
>
> I seem to remember a release where this detects just plain old mouse
> clicks (i.e. no drag or modification) so that you could build your own
> 'toggle' for example. Am I just dreaming that or is it real? I can't
> find anything in the docs about the struct output, though I know I've
> used it before.

Yes, this is what I was really after. I tried Frank's suggestion, and
[struct] does 'detect' clicks, but only in edit mode and not for GOP. In
the end I used Geunther's [image], which does the job, but isn't ideal
i) because of the external dependency and ii) because there's no image
scaling, but does enable you to make nice looking buttons if you hide a
bang behind it.

Jamie