[PD] probles with 0.39.2-extended-rc2 on windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jun 14 06:40:18 CEST 2007

Thanks for the bug report, comments inline:

On Jun 13, 2007, at 4:44 PM, martin brinkmann wrote:

> please apologize if this is not the right list to report
> problems with pd-extended.
>
> i have just tried pd extended on windows, and encountered the
> following problems:
> -iem abs vcf_hp2,4,6,8 are missing (i copied these from my linux
> installation)

Found the bug in the install target of the Makefile, should be fixed
in the next release.

> -iem_cot missing, used by vcf_hp2 and vcf_lp2 (i changed that to
> cot4 in
> the abs and it seemd to work fine).
> this was probably also the cause of the problems i had with a nightly
> build of pd extended a while ago under linux.

"iem_cot~" seems to be an alias for "iem_cot4~".  In general, aliases
are not currently supported in Pd-extended.

> -library path are not set by default/by the installer?

The README tells you how to set this up.  It should be done by the
installer in the next version.

> -the crashes when closing complex patches seem to happen
> more often compared to the linux version.

If you can narrow this down, please post a bug report, hopefully with
a example patch, to the bug tracker:

http://puredata.org/dev/bugtracker

> - sometimes pd throws a 'SIMD' message on the console.
> though it looks like this does not do any harm.

I think it's from Gem.

> -pdp is not included?

PDP has not been ported to Windows, perhaps you would like to do it? =D

> -there is something strange with the cpu-load display. my patch
> which is the most heavy on the cpu, gets about 49 percent on my
> linux machine (dualcore athlon 3800+), but on my wintel laptop
> (singlecore pentium m, 1,6 ghz) it jumps between 7,9,23 percent.

If you have patch that illustrates this, that would be very helpful.
Please file a bug report if you make such a patch and attach it.

.hc