[PD] annoying pidip question

ydegoyon at free.fr ydegoyon at free.fr
Mon Jun 18 15:05:24 CEST 2007

 hola,

i guess it doesn't compile with very newer versions of image magick,
which version do you have?

you can eventually remove image magick devel,
and recompile pidip, it will compile without pdp_capture.

suerte,
sevy

Ed Kelly wrote:

> has anyone come across this...and how did they solve it?
>
> pdp_capture.c: In function 'XMyGetWindowImage':
> pdp_capture.c: error: 'Visual' has no member named 'klass' (times 5)
>
> I'm putting together a howto on compiling pdp/pidip on a planet CCRMA fedora
6. (The ccrma rpm's don't work for me, and anyway I want to specify my own
codecs) Details and source code to appear on my webpage (give it a couple of
weeks we hope...url will follow when it's up and running)

> ...because only certain ffmpeg/mpeg4ip/libquicktime combinations work, and I
have not found a page that tells me what order to do it in (very important) and
the use of faad, faac, x264 and other external libs drastically affects the
compatibility of pdp etc with codecs (duh...).

> PS I did a quick and dirty 4 week course with my 1st year digital media
students on synthesis and PD - it went down well.
http://www.digitalmedia.org.uk/fda_dmp (will migrate soon though)