[PD] [netsend] unix socket because of [comport]

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jul 4 09:13:12 CEST 2007

patrick wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm looking for the best way to use netsend / netreceiving between 2
> instances of pd (1 with -nogui) running on the same computer.

just stick [netsend] into one instance and [netreceive] into the other
instance :-)

seriously, what is the problem that cannot be solved with "just" the
objects?

> someone could ask why i need to run 2 instances of pd on the same computer?

i would never dare to ask this, as i do it all the time (with heavy
"fixed" applications)

you just have to collect all the messages at a one point (at the sending
side); for this, the use of [inlet]/[outlet]s might be fit better than
[send]/[receive] (otoh, i usually use the [s]/[r] approach for ease of
patching, but there i write my own [mysend] which (additionally) does
the bundling of the messages.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes