[PD] nogui mode WAS: Re: debian/ubuntu package for

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jul 6 16:24:07 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> i personally would enjoy separate packages for pd and pd-gui, but i most
> often compile pd myself, so either way wouldn't harm me much. however, i
> suppose everyone could live with either way.

I guess, 98 percent of the users of Pd use both the pd-gui and the Pd
main binary. Forcing them to install two instead of one package to me
doesn't look practical.

To satisfy the other two percent, a better solution IMO would be to
make a pd-nogui patckage, that would conflict with the normal Pd
package, so that only one can be installed. This has predecessors in
the various flavours of vi(m) and emacs that can be chosen on Debian.

All this of course should be decided by the makers of a distribution
and the respective maintainers to not violate their policies.

Ciao