[PD] how to make a proportional canon

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jul 10 23:06:17 CEST 2007

Dear Libero,

The short answer is to use a $1 variable when you want to name each
abstraction (i.e. [myabstraction numberone], [myabstraction numbertwo],
etc...), or use a $0 variable when you want to simply make a new
instance and not worry about naming it (multiple instances of
[myabstraction], where $0 will be replaced by a new random number which
is unique to each abstraction).

I can post more about it later in if you're still confused... also check
the tutorials I gave you in Helsinki, in particular
01.pd-control/04.subpatches_and_abstractions/04.abstractions_and_dollar_signs.pd
(apologies to the rest of the list that I haven't published these yet...
coming soon in coordination with the PD FLOSS Manual!)

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista