[PD] pd running fine, then unexpectedly freezing on ubuntu

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jul 26 15:13:39 CEST 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Chris McCormick wrote:

> If you've ever heard kernel hackers discussing the deeper darker parts
> of the Linux Kernel this would not suprise you! Here be dragons.
> (Our only consolation is that it's slightly less likely to destroy
> everything you love than those other popular operating systems).

Hehe, well, I've had two completely unusable partitions that really needed
a reformat. Both were formatted in Reiser3, but then, one crashed while
the CPU boiled itself, and then the other... I don't know what the shop
did when they repaired my laptop, but after they changed the motherboard I
had to reformat.

Backups, man, backups.

I'm ripe for a backup.