[PD] Scanned Synthesis in PD using webcams

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Mon Jul 30 20:52:43 CEST 2007

oups, i forgot to send to the list

basically, the shape of the string is recorded in 2 table (one for X deformation, and 1 for Y deformation).
this tables are read at audio rate.

in fact, in order to avoid audio click when changing the value inside the table, 2 table are used (for X deformation). data is writen alternativelly in both table.

so, [pd 1sur2] is like [alternate].
when the shape of the string is written in 1 table, this table is read for the audio synthesis, and the other table is used next time.

[pd audio] is where the shape of the string it recorded in the table.

here is a more simple version of the same patch. it's easier to understand, but you can hear some click.

cyrille