[PD] vbap and matrix external

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Sep 2 17:02:46 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Hector Centeno hat gesagt: // Hector Centeno wrote:

> Thank you for your response. Does that mean I have to change the patch (
> vbapdemo.pd) to substitute the [matrix] and [matrix~] by [mtx_mu] and
> [mtx_mu~]? Do they work the same or that means I would have to do further
> changes?

I did some work in the vbap directory a couple of months ago to
include the rvbap object, which also has a distance control using
reverbs etc. The help file for rvbap uses the new names for the matrix
objects in iemmatrix. You can use these as starting point for working
with vbap as well.

Or just use rvbap directly. It's not that much more demanding
cpu-wise. You can find it all in the CVS at Sourceforge in the vbap
directory and on Fedora, building the objects is just one "make" away.
I don't remember, if there also is a "make install" target, but you
can just copy over the *.pd_linux files to your externals directory
(like "extra") and the *-help.pd files to 5.reference manually.

Ciao