[PD] new external: closemsg

Thomas O Fredericks tof at danslchamp.org
Tue Sep 4 16:00:50 CEST 2007

I have been waiting (count in years) for the long promised closebang. As for
many PD promises, I am tired of waiting... I got work to do!

I will not patch my PD (or use a special version) because I want my patches
to be cross-platform and accessible to all users.

"am i correct that your external will be void if [closebang] ever makes
it into pd?"
Yes, if it ever does make it (probably at the same time as the threaded
soundfiler). But that is not an issue.
iem_send is voided by PD 0.4, but I still use it, because a lot of people
use PD 0.39 extended and I want to share with them.

"As you describe the behaviour of your object IMHO it sounds not very
consistent and would possibly introduce bugs in patches ..."

If used properly (as for inter-patch and not inner-patch stuff) it should
not. No using [t a a ] to connect multiple multiple inlets to one outlet
will possibly introduce bugs also.

--
thomas ouellet fredericks, tof at danslchamp.org, montreal, canada