[PD] my first extension, FINISHED

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:39:26 CEST 2007

Hi

I managed to finish my first extension (even while I haven't got a clue
what pd is up to:-)).

It simply transforms output from notein to legato after these simple
rules: left output: the last note that was pressed. right output: 0 if
no notes are pressed other wise the velocity of the first played note.
If you played a monophonic hardware synth, you'll understand my poor
explanation...

Now, I have a couple of questions, just to round this off:

1) The makefile is the one IOhannes pointed me towards([1]), but with
PDROOT hardcoded to "/home/atte/software/pd/current/". Isn't there a
more elegant way so that someone trying to build it will have to edit
the makefile?

2) It doesn't like to receive a bang (basically anything but float). It
doesn't really make much sense to send it a float, but would it be nicer
to handle this in some way? Right now it just prints "no method for
'bang'" in the pd window...

3) Feedback? I'd be happy if someone finds it even remotely useful. Any
ideas I didn't think about?

4) Should I put it up somewhere, for instance on my servers svn-repo?

5) Did I reinvent the wheel? If so, at least I learned quite alot + had
fun while doing so :-)

[1]
http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/doc/tutorials/externals-howto/example1/Makefile

--