[PD] select backward compatibility

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Sep 6 11:21:43 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> [list(
> |
> [print]
>
> (no method for 'bang')
>
> I don't have a clear idea of which is right, but I do think that they
> should give the same error.

Personally I would prefer it if [print] was less keen on trying to be
smart and would just print "list" instead of "bang" here.

I guess, much of the confusion about Pd's message type system may come
from dubious [print]-output like this, where [print] is taken to show
what's really going on when in fact it's already showing a modified
result.

Ciao