[PD] thanks ¬ remarks # mtl ¬ ca

ydegoyon at free.fr ydegoyon at free.fr
Thu Sep 6 20:16:42 CEST 2007

hala,

before leaving MTL i wanted to send a few comments on pd'conv :

first, many thanks to :

     * my excellent friend Naveen Goswamy, that we forgot
        to credit in our performance for it was a last-minute collaboration

     * darsha and the organization for making efforts to getting us to canada
        and the unforgetable experience of waking up to the sound of the
chipmunks
        ( anybody has a chipmunk patch ? )

now, the few remarks you expect, wouldn't be funny without a bit of critics,
ain't it?

      * i want to unthank the U.S. authorities for not letting any non-western
white people
         change of flight on their sacred ground without getting a visa :
          to spend 4 hours in the sacred JFK, any south american needs to pay
for a visa
          which means a 100 dollars racket organized mafia.
          i also unthank them for checking me 2 hours
          WHEN I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO ENTER THE US!
          Any civilized country has a zone for transit as it should be defined
in international
          agreements and rules, the retarded americans don't.

       * i'm not sure the SAT was the right place to organize all working
sessions
          i feel they just felt invaded and it was hard to get an internet
connection
          and a cool place to work ( also the bar was closed during working
sessions )
          in fact, i didn't feel like i would like to stay long in the SAT.
          also, i don't think they are very open-source and was they presented
was not.

about the next pd conv, i don't feel like organizing anything, sorry,
but as a well known fact, barcelona has a good pd community
( http://stream.r23.cc/etc/puredata.html ) and is mainly supported by :

        * universidad Pompeu Fabra ( where GG teaches PD )
        * Le Hangar : a real open-source media lab, run by Pedro Soler and Lluis
Gomez
        * some hacklabs like 'La Fibra', 'Kernel Panic', ... that can host
hacking sessions
           ( without time limit and open bar )

well, i might speak of this when i get back there,
saludos,
sevy