[PD] Font problem? Spaces replaced by boxes

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 05:10:18 CEST 2007

Hey all,
I recently installed
Pd-0.40.3-extended-20070824-debian-testing-i386.deb from the nightly
auto-builds, and the first time I ran it I was pleasantly surprised by
the improved font appearance throughout. However, the next time I ran
it, several days later, any spaces in the status window are replaced
by boxes, and when I start a new object, it is filled with 3 boxes,
which get overwritten when I add text.

Anyone seen this before? I don't remember changing anything on my
system lately that would have messed up the fonts, but it's a
possibility.

Thanks,
spencer