[PD] [PD-dev] ask for cvs access

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Sep 9 18:50:27 CEST 2007

On Sep 9, 2007, at 6:23 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> ydegoyon at free.fr hat gesagt: // ydegoyon at free.fr wrote:
>
>>> we have namespace prefixes for that, no?
>>>

>> i don't trust namespaces and that everybody
>> knows how to use it correctly
>
> And namespaces don't really work well for binary objects (externals)
> yet.

AFAIK, they work well for Pd objects and binary objects.  The only
difference I know of is that with binaries, if you load and object
with the namespace prefix, then it will also claim the class name
without the prefix, i.e. using [maxlib/change] will claim [change] as
well.  That doesn't happen with objects written in Pd.

>>> anyway I'll think to a more self-explicative name...
>>>
>>> editmatrix seems a good candidate...
>>
>> can i suggest the name of 'tracker' ?
>
> What about "numgrid"?

But yes, just because there are namespaces, does not mean that you
should give generic names to your objects.  Objects should still have
names that describe their function well and are hopefully unique.

.hc