[PD] polyWaveSynth issue

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 19:40:42 CEST 2007

Phil~

I don't think it would cause problems if you keep them in a
subdirectory and addressed the abstractions with abs/foobar.pd type
naming. Does Pd search the patch's folder first for all non-native
objects before parsing the path? Also, this will all become resolved
once Pd-extended moves forward to including more recent abstractions
in its releases (i.e. Pd-extended-0.40 or however it will be branded).

Until then, we just can't really expect the same crowd that
Pd-extended is marketed for to know much about cvs and setting up the
paths and stuff. It's better to take the high road and avoid elitist
isolationism and make things easy as possible for new users to dive
into: Pd needs adherents to thrive and become a serious competitor of
similar commercial options.

I think that this object will be a great selling point for new Pd
users, especially because of the polyphony. Polyphony management is
one of the most annoying things for new (and more seasoned) users to
deal with in Pd. Your synth (combined w/ Frank's freaking awesome
abstractions) has a great possibility for becoming a template for many
awesome modifications and enhancements down the line.

~Kyle