[PD] CONVENTION /// was Re: some images...

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Sep 9 20:15:57 CEST 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> I enjoyed Miller's talk about Pd being already very interesting, and not
> needing too much changes in the future, but I still think that some
> things could be changed for the better, regarding symbols, threads,
> docs, Gem, libraries, etc.

Miller's talk was rather vague: to some people it sounded like "pd will
stagnate", but at the same time, it didn't quite say what was going to
stay the same. A lot of pd has to stay the same no matter what, but people
wouldn't quite agree on how much.

I think that the most important thing Pd needs at the moment is to get
away from sedimentary programming (that is, deposit more code on top of
the existing code) and metamorphic programming (applying intense peer
pressure on the sediment makes it harder), if you excuse my mineralogy
metaphors...

That's why we started getting into automatic testing (re: the last talk at
pd convention)

> (I am writing a little OpenGL OSC client for Pd meanwhile... :)  )

Don't you mean OpenCV instead?