[PD] (OT) periodic jack xruns in every 20 minutes

Batuhan Bozkurt batuhan at batuhanbozkurt.com
Sun Sep 9 21:00:13 CEST 2007

Kevin McCoy wrote:
> If I made a guess I would check disks spinning up/down, power
> management settings, things of that nature which may not necessarily
> show in the CPU... but this is a really uneducated guess.  Like Roman
> said though, I would also be glad to only have xruns every 20
> minutes!  Do you get xruns without any apps running and just jack?
>
> Kevin

Yes, jack alone reports xruns too. If cpu-disk load is low I get no
xruns other than this periodic ones with my Fasttrack pro in 256
buffers. I like the low latency kernel, am gonna try the realtime kernel
that is gonna be shipped by gutsy soon.

And my disk is always running so that should not be I guess...

Is there any facility in linux where I can monitor scheduled activities
by the system or something like that?

Batuhan