[PD] (OT) periodic jack xruns in every 20 minutes

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Sep 9 21:30:51 CEST 2007

Check the linux-audio-user list archives regarding the filesystem you
use with JACK. I recall that ext3 gives huge problems, other file
systems may have their own issues. The hangup involves how and where
JACK writes its temporary files. You can also use a jacktmpfs (I think
that's what it's called). Anyways, LAU will have more info.

d.

Batuhan Bozkurt wrote:
> Kevin McCoy wrote:
>> If I made a guess I would check disks spinning up/down, power
>> management settings, things of that nature which may not necessarily
>> show in the CPU... but this is a really uneducated guess.  Like Roman
>> said though, I would also be glad to only have xruns every 20
>> minutes!  Do you get xruns without any apps running and just jack?
>>
>> Kevin
>>

> Yes, jack alone reports xruns too. If cpu-disk load is low I get no
> xruns other than this periodic ones with my Fasttrack pro in 256
> buffers. I like the low latency kernel, am gonna try the realtime kernel
> that is gonna be shipped by gutsy soon.
>
> And my disk is always running so that should not be I guess...
>
> Is there any facility in linux where I can monitor scheduled activities
> by the system or something like that?
>
> Batuhan

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 186: