[PD] my first extension, FINISHED

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Sep 10 06:36:43 CEST 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 09:04:43PM +0200, Steffen wrote:
> This relates to your question. There is a tendency in thinking that
> "objects" that can be build by using pure Pd object are better kept
> build in pure Pd objects rather then coded as an external. That said,
> it's not a universal truth. Taste, ease and/or speed are important
> factors here.

In this particular case of Andre's legato object, I see no positive
reason whatsoever for it being an external. I see several positive
reasons for it being an abstraction:

1. Anyone who knows how to make Pd patches can modify it.
2. It would run without modifications under anyone's Pd, instantly.
3. Nobody would need to compile anything.
4. It probably would have been quicker to make in Pd than in code.

Best,

Chris.