[PD] my first extension, FINISHED

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 08:10:42 CEST 2007

Chris McCormick wrote:

> In this particular case of Andre's legato object,

The name is Atte :-)

> I see no positive
> reason whatsoever for it being an external. I see several positive
> reasons for it being an abstraction:

I made it because I needed it and I couldn't find a similar functionality.

The reason I made it as an external was:

1) Being new to PD I simply couldn't figure out how to do it as an
abstraction. All the little logics involved made me feel like building a
ship in a bottle with PD. In C (or any full blown language), it's quite
easy.

2) I wanted to try my hands on an external.

But I'm looking forward to seeing your implementation as an abstraction,
  it will help me understand PD more!

Thanks in advance...

--
peace, love & harmony