[PD] pix_image cache?

august august at develop.ment.org
Wed Sep 12 12:46:21 CEST 2007

I tried to search online about this and saw that pix_image might have a
caching system in it.  is that true?  does it cache images that have
already been loaded?   if so, why, and is there any way to turn this off?

I'm writing to image JPG file called "showme.jpg" every couple of
minutes.  The image is a new image everytime, each time replacing the
old "showme.jpg" file.  My problem is that pix_image seems to cache the
file somehow and doesn't display the new image.   What's more strange is
that it only does this for one of the two pix_image's i have running in
my patch.

any ideas?

thanks -august.