[PD] my first extension, FINISHED

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Sep 12 19:08:30 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 10:09 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > It's a bit easier with [list] now, but it involves lists that
> > constantly change their size (to buffer lists) which is something where
> > [list] will become slow for larger lists. So an external may still be
> > useful.
>
> is speed an issue with that little mount of data, that is processed?

Not if the amount of data stays small, but as Pd objects tend to be used
in unforseen ways, the amount of data may become big in other
applications. For example, what if I didn't want to use legator for only
128 midi motes but for a Harry Partch scale of 43 note steps per octave?
Or what if I want to use it to drive a massive granular mono synth?

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht